Pastor: Andy Coats
Sermon: How Can We Believe in God, if We Can’t Prove He’s Real?
Reference: Hebrews 11:6
How can we believe in God if we can’t “prove” He is real?
That was the question Pastor Andy Coats asked this morning at Trinity Baptist Church.
As Christians, we believe in God. But we cannot prove who God is to someone else who doesn’t believe in Him, only God can reveal himself to others. Our responsibility is to introduce others to God and then let God take it from there.
So how do we do that?
Step 1: Acknowledge God is Real to You
Just living a Christian life isn’t enough. People need to hear your testimony and the way God transformed your life. He has given you a story that starts the conversation.
Step 2: Recognize God is Salvation Through Faith
Christianity is a faith journey that can only be walked by grace and through faith. Nothing can prove God to someone with a hardened and unfaithful heart. It is only as others begin to place faith in God that transformation in their lives also occurs.
Hebrews 11:6 says, “And without faith it is impossible to please him. For whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
I also studied this passage online earlier this week and took these great notes…
There are 3 things Faith does:
1. Faith always leads an authentic WORSHIP on God’s terms. The natural response of the changed heart is worship.
2. Faith always has OBEDIENCE. It doesn’t ask, “What will make me happy?”. Instead it asks, “What will make God happy?”
3. Faith leads to ENDURANCE. You stand by it no matter what. Faith is trusting and relying on God when we look to the future and obeying even when we don’t fully understand all the details.
1. Sees God as creator.
2. Surrenders to that truth.
3. Surrenders to knowing you need Jesus.